Small Business Consultant
Orange County, California
Specializing in Web Site & Internet Marketing for established Businesses
Advertising, PR, Sales Promotion Defined Many years ago, Stanley L. Goodman, of EGR Communications, Inc.--a leading New York sales promiotion agency--explained the distinction between these three marketing communications tools:
- In advertising, you use the existing media as a channel of communication to carry your message.
- In public relations, you use the news segment of those same media.
- In sales promotion, you create the appropriate media.
Some examples of sales promotion objectives are:
( Learn About China Trade/Travel Services )
- Increase distribution of a product, line, or model.
- Dispose of inventories currently held by the company's distribution channels in order to make room for new products.
- Broaden customer base through initial customer usage of a product, leading to repurchase based on satisfaction.
- Introduce a new image, logo or product; major improvement in established product; or new uses for existing products.
- Improve competitive standing of an already-accepted product.
- Encourage existing trade channels to speedily accept new product.
- Amplify results of concurrent advertising campaign.
- Increase customer and trade channel awareness of product's existence, characteristics, prices and availability.
- Create favorable psychological attitudes toward product.
- Add value to the product by expanding utility or improving image. Supplement and/or counteract price competition (e.g., through offer of a premium).
- Increase trade channel and customer goodwill toward company.
Koelzer & Associates
, Small Business Internet Consultant
2924-D Camino Capistrano,
San Clemente, CA 92672
© 1996-2012 Copyright William Koelzer All Rights Reserved - Design Credits: Norm Pemper
We tolerate NO pirating or unauthorized copying of text, codes, graphics, formats, design
elements, etc. from this site and routinely take the most severe legal action against offenders.
For information, contact my attorney, Darren Smith, at Smithlaw@darrensmithlaw.com.