Small Business Consultant
Orange County, California
Specializing in Web Site & Internet Marketing for established Businesses
Achieving "Aliveness" in your Business;
How to come out of the box;
an operating philosophy
By Bill Koelzer
"Aliveness has a lot to do with integrating your personal life and relationships into (or ahead of) your daily business activities."
- Your business is not who you are. (Who you are is what you do when no one's watching.) And it is defined by those close to you.
- Thus, your relationships are most important and as we get older we see this more.
- You can help improve your business and personal relationships by one simple method today, begin filling up your weekly planning calendar with the "family" and "leisure-time" activities FIRST, then fit in the business activities AFTER that. Put your RELATIONSHIPS first in your LIFE. We only get so much time for that. But it's how they will all remember us.
- "Knowing" things about business or life is a trap. Many people run their whole lives (and, thus, their business) out of a little box called, "What I know." But outside that box is an infinitely bigger box called "What I don't know." And outside that box is an even bigger box called "What I don't know I don't know," and so on.
- Thus, if you seek breakthroughs in your business or personal life, you will not find them if you act out of that box in which you think you know a lot. That box is, instead, your cage.
- Breakthroughs do not live in that box or you'd have lots of them. Breakthroughs can only live in the outer boxes beginning with the box called "What I don't know." So even though you think that you know your business or professional field very well, you cannot excell at it so long so you think that you do. It's a sort of "Catch 22."
- To help double-check yourself to see what box you are operating out of when making decisions, it is often useful to first "bounce" your ideas off a business consultant . It is lonely at the top, but it doesn't have to be. A consultant can help even a small firm or division look and act big. And a big firm or division act as big as it is.
( More on "Aliveness" in Business )
Koelzer & Associates
, Small Business Internet Consultant
2924-D Camino Capistrano,
San Clemente, CA 92672
© 1996-2012 Copyright William Koelzer All Rights Reserved - Design Credits: Norm Pemper
We tolerate NO pirating or unauthorized copying of text, codes, graphics, formats, design
elements, etc. from this site and routinely take the most severe legal action against offenders.
For information, contact my attorney, Darren Smith, at Smithlaw@darrensmithlaw.com.